Medusa's Cave is a blog where we discuss some Internet services and attempt to build very simple prototypes of some of them. In most cases our implementation will be in python 2.x. Knowledge of python is assumed, though we will try to walk through most important details of every implementation. The current goal (we reserve the right to change this at any time) is to cover the following:
- hyper-link checker, robust hyperlinks ... to web-crawler
- desktop search, discussion of web-search engines
- google news
- genetic algorithms to solve puzzles
- document auto-summarizer
- twitter sentiment analysis
- ... and other ideas that might occur to us along the way.
- All code on this website is provided as is (copyright the author of the Medusa's Cave blog), with no warranty whatsoever - implied or stated. Use strictly at your own risk. If you do use it, please cite the source (The Medusa's Cave blog)
- This blog is something the author does for fun. No claims are made that the implementations discussed are the most efficient or the best way of doing things. The goal here is to learn, develop some ideas, and have some fun doing it.